Hey guys here is my weekly recipe for the Holiday Sweet Swap, only one week left so remember to head on over and post your recipe or just checkout all the ones that have been posted.
For our wedding we had a cheesecake reception. For about 2 months before the wedding I was cooking and freezing cheesecakes for our reception but for us we had one made out of lactose free cream cheese. We had it made at a place in town here Muddy Paws Cheesecake Factory. It was amazing!! They warned us it was similar to using regular cream cheese but NOT to make just a plain french vanilla cheesecake it needs a little something to make it ‘normal’ tasting.
So when I saw this recipe on pintrist for Individual Oreo Cheesecakes I knew I had to try it with Tofutti. I found the recipe on Cate’s World Kitchen and it was delish. However I will say the tops of mine looked a little glossy, I’m not sure if this is because the tofutti or from being refrigerated too long without being covered, but they taste just fine!
- 22 Oreos: 16 left whole, and 6 coarsely chopped
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel is fine)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Line 12 standard muffin tins and 4 ramekins (or 16 muffin tins, if you have them) with paper liners.
- Place 1 whole Oreo in the bottom of each lined cup.
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium. Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the sour cream and salt.
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tins, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, 22-25 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for about 15 minutes, on a wire rack, then transfer to a plate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
I didn’t have enough liners so I just made a few right in my silicone muffin pan:
I’m saving the ones in the cupcake liners for Christmas with Mac’s Family since some of them are lactose intolorant as well so you get the ugly, made without the liners for your picture.
But to show you how pretty the are when you make them in liners here is Cate’s Pic: