I’ve written many times about how important it is for us as couples to say positive things to each other. So once again I’m going to take over my blog for personal use
Mac 5 months ago we started a new adventure, parenting. I love what it has brought out in you, yes even the over protective crazy Dad stuff. I love seeing you play with Apple, how excited you are every time you get her to giggle. I love that you worry she is too cold, or too hot.
I love that you seem more aware of my needs and are so willing to help out at nights so that I can also get a good nights sleep. I just plain love seeing you as a dad.
I love you,
What would the holidays be with out all of the yummy cookies, sweets and other treats? In my opinion, nothing. Christmas for me brings back memories of Kringle and 3 layer fudge along with crazy amounts of cousins in my grandparents small living room.
So here is the thing…there is NOTHING wrong with having a treat here and there. If you have a few more than normal this Christmas season, who cares? I just try to follow a few simple rules:
- Stick with real food. Eat the treats with real ingredients – butter, chocolate (not oil and a little flavoring) oatmeal and so on.
- Eat your favorites. Eat the things you love and don’t waste time or calories on the rest. You will enjoy what you eat more if its something you love and you will fight with that nagging voice less.
- Moderation is key. I don’t think I need to explain this one.
- Balance. Make sure when you do have a treat that you also get in fruits, veggies and protein. Maybe make a point of eating super healthy the rest of the day so your body has what it needs to process the extra sugar and carbs.
Sometimes we just need a little insperation:
Here is a list of some of my favorite Cyber Monday deals (i.e. I like the company/product enough to have gotten and e-mail from them today. )
- Pro Compression holiday socks and sleeves are 40% off till Dec 31st or till they are sold out. Use code SNOW at check-out.
- Bike Nashbar sitewide sales and Free Shipping on orders of $25 or more till 12/3/13 Use code 42969 at checkout. I’m looking at an indoor trainer for my bike as we are working on building a home gym.
- Skip Hop 20% off store wide till tonight 12/2/13 at 11:59pm use code HOLIDAY13
- Sustainablebabyish/Sloomb Sale SAVE 15% ON MOST SLOOMB PRODUCTS* 20% ON LONGIES AND 30% ON SHORTIES thru today 12/2/13
- Kelly’s Closet * Triple points and free shipping. Thru 12/2/13 11:59 EST
- Strawsome (Glass Straws) Free Shipping thru 12/2/13 Promo code GREATGIFT
- Square Trade I have 3 40% off codes comment below if you want one and I’ll e-mail you.
Any links with an * are affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.